01 Nov Ratcliff’s Foresight Group
Posted at 09:37h in General Interest
Staff are invited and encouraged to join the Ratcliff Foresight Group. Goals of the committee include:
- Understand how world forces are driving change in architecture and imagine future scenarios.
- Cultivate atmosphere of open, free thinking about opportunities the future will hold 10 years and beyond.
- Find common themes / topics for deeper study and understanding
- Publish findings / summaries for office and Intranet
Goals for Ratcliff, 10 years and beyond
- Expand our Mindset:
- Create a higher consciousness to see where we are heading.
- See new patterns of human behavior, indicators for healthy living
- Scenario Planning: Sensitivity to datasets, patterns, ways of thinking.
- Mechanical paradigm vs emergence or making a better widget vs creating a new way of thinking.
- Understand change is a constant, embrace it, lead it. See and understand what drives our change, not accepting change for change sake.
- Understand world forces to better advise clients.
- Increase role of architects to shape environments for humans, not machines.